Welcome to Trips 'n Toys!

Welcome to Trips 'n Toys!

Popples! On Netflix!



Okay, I don't watch much television, so I'm a little late to the game, but I found Popples on Netflix this morning!

One of my favorite toys as a child!

I guess they've been politically corrected to be not quite as round as they were in the 80's, but physical differences aside, the animation on this Netflix-exclusive series that debuted in late 2015 is absolutely beautiful.

I haven't watched enough to comment on the story lines, but Episode 1 had something to do with a Science Fair, and Episode 2 also has a science-oriented theme; so I'm holding out hope that maybe a majority of the plot lines will at least hold a little substance. We can definitely use more females in science as role models, even if they come in the form of fuzzy little cartoon balls!

In the mean time, I've also learned that you can once again buy Popples in the store. They don't look anything like the Popples we used to know, but they're still kind of cute, with their big, endearing eyes and bright, pretty fur.

Check them out at your local Walmart or online at www.walmart.com where the 8 inch plush start at $9.99, and the the larger talking models run around $19.99.

We all need some Popples in our 21st century lives!



 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!